‘American Idol’ Is Hot-Hot-Hot

by Alicia at BalancingMotherhood.com on March 12, 2008

Last night started the season for me. “American Idol” was so good. And it’s only the beginning.

I know that it’s been on for weeks already, but until they narrow it down to the top 12 and move to the new stage do I ever really start paying attention. This is the time to watch.

Last night there were so many great performances, even Chickezie smashed one out. He was amazing. I sat there wondering if it was his twin on stage. I think he brought something new to the show that we didn’t expect — and it was good.

Carly Smithson was great. Just great. Seemed that she did just what she does. She was herself.

Brooke White is one of my favorites. I think she did OK last night. The judges loved it, I liked it. If I didn’t like her a lot already I probably would have though it was a bit weak, but not all performances are meant to be over the top.

Speaking of over the top, David Hernandez did an awful performance. I couldn’t even watch the whole thing. It was embarassing. I had to fast forward. He was just trying way too hard and it was the totally wrong song choice. He is better than that, which is hopefully what America will think.

Same goes for poor little David Archuleta. It was the wrong song. Not a good performance. I’m seriously hoping that people will forgive him and remember how awesome he is from his past performances. He deserves to stay in the competition. Thankfully, because of Kristy Lee Cook’s debauchery he might get another chance.

The judges liked David Cook’s performance as well as Amanda Overmyer, but they just don’t sing the type of music I like. They are both great, but it won’t compel me to pick up the phone to vote for them because I probably won’t buy their albums. They’ll be around for awhile.

So, it’s off to a great season. I’m sucked in. Some great performances on night one of the top 12 — we’re in for a great 11 more weeks.

UPDATE:

David got the boot. It’s truly is all about song choice. That, or America just doesn’t want a stripper as its Idol.

Another UPDATE:

This is the best headline of the day (3/13/08):

David Hernandez Stripped from Idol (it will probably win a journalism award one day for this head)

{ 12 comments… read them below or add one }

Melissa Parlaman (Graco contributor) March 12, 2008 at 2:52 pm

I am usually a big follower of American Idol. I watch the upfront auditions then they usually lose me during the first round then I come back around this time. I missed it the past two weeks, but hope to get back into it next week. I can’t believe I am still watching all of these years. I get sucked in by almost every reality tv show, so not surprising (not sure how i would live without my DVR).

Terri H March 13, 2008 at 9:14 am

American Idol is for you what Dancing With the Stars is for me. Too funny.

Thanks for the chance to stop by during the party.

Have a great day!

Alicia at BalancingMotherhood.com March 13, 2008 at 10:11 am

I love Dancing With The Starts too! I’ll be watching the new season on Monday. For some reason I don’t feel compelled to write about it like I do Idol.

James Judd July 14, 2011 at 2:03 am

25. I was suggested this blog by my cousin. I am not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else know such detailed about my trouble. You’re incredible! Thanks!

Jami Branam February 6, 2013 at 1:07 am

This web is awesome! I think you guys have fulfilled almost all of the Human Computer Interaction aspects, except a little heavy to load the web (or it just because my connection suck :p), but it’s a great web, nice work!

Lynsey Bradick February 6, 2013 at 2:03 am

This is our assignments.For tutorial 12 and 13Check it out!!

smartphone February 6, 2013 at 9:15 pm

After I initially left a comment I seem to have clicked on the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and from now on every time a comment is added Irecieve four emails with the same comment. Is therean easy method you are able to remove mefrom that service? Thank you!

geosocial February 6, 2013 at 10:02 pm

Hmm . . . ^^, Bagus’ny.. komposisi warnanya menarik bgt, Hmm . . . Dg icon2 yg lucu jg, menarik & ngajarin anak2 jg bwat go green, Ditambah game’ny bagus bgt, mendidik.. Buat game’ny dibikin lbih variatif lg, Hehehe . . . Juga bisa ditambahin news & gambar2 yg mendukung yg orang bisa click & liat, gt de.. Juga dg object anak kecil.. Contoh, gambar tangan anak kecil lg buang sampah, dll. ^^,Oke deh, Semangat2..!! ^. ^v. Jbu olways . . .

smartphone February 7, 2013 at 12:56 am

We absolutely love your blog and find most of your post’s to be precisely what I’m looking for.Would you offer guest writers to write content available for you?I wouldn’t mind producing a post or elaborating on some of the subjects you write about here. Again, awesome website!

sms marketing February 8, 2013 at 3:52 am

Whoa awesome. I identified your site on the search engines and that i subscribed to your blog feed. Keep it up.

Christiana Wyndham March 25, 2013 at 1:52 am

infographic Profit from Mobile Social Media Revolution

Mellisa September 26, 2013 at 11:47 pm

Hurrah! At last I got a web site from where I know how to genuinely take useful facts concerning my study and
knowledge.