Since it’s apple season, and officially fall, thought I would share a new smoothie recipe to help get your mornings going on the right foot! This paleo apple pie smoothie will set your day off right.
This looks so good!
You just need a few healthy ingredients to make this apple smoothie! It starts with some frozen bananas that help to thicken the smoothie. You’ll also need dates, apple pie spice, and your choice of milk. We used coconut milk in this recipe, but almond milk will work well too. If you don’t want to do it paleo, then you can even use regular milk.
You’ll need to soak the dates in boiling water for a few minutes. Don’t skip this step. Then put the dates and other ingredients into a blender or food processor and mix.
It will get a little frothy.
Top with some coconut cream and a bit of cinnamon.
- 2 cups of coconut or almond milk
- 1 frozen banana, sliced
- 1 small or half of a large apple ( select a sweeter variety like Gala, Fuji or Red Delicious), peeled, cored and chopped
- 4 pitted Medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon of apple pie spice
- A handful of ice cubes
- Whipped coconut cream (optional)
- Soak the pitted dates in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the coconut milk, frozen banana, chopped apples, softened dates and apple pie spice.
- Blend or process on high util smooth.
- Add the ice cubes and blend well.
- Pour it in to tall glasses and serve immediately with whipped coconut cream (optional) and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
• ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
• ¼ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
• ¼ teaspoon of allspice