These cute witch hat cupcakes are the perfect treat for a Halloween party. They look pretty complicated, but are relatively easy to make using some pre-made ingredients you can pick up at the grocery store. Before you know it you’ll have Halloween witch cupcakes.
Just a few regular ingredients make this super easy.
Mix some green food coloring into vanilla icing.
Bake vanilla cupcakes according to the box directions.
This is the only complicated part … use a bag with tip to pipe the green icing out. You can also do this with a zip top bag and cut a small hole in the corner, piping a stream of icing in a circular motion on top of the cupcakes.
Lay out the sugar cones on some wax or parchment paper.
Using the color mist food coloring spray, spray each cone black.
Just keep turing and let dry.
Until they’re all colored completely.
Take the purple coloring and pipe a thin purple line around the base of each cone. Leave about a 1/2 inch from the bottom of the cone so you have room to place it on the green icing.
Use the orange piping frosting to put a small square on top of each purple line.
And put the finished cones on top of the icing.
These are so cute and easy. People won’t know you used store bought ingredients to make these!
- 6 cupcakes
- 6 ice cream sugar cones
- green food dye
- Wilton Color Mist Spray - black
- purple icing
- orange icing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 6 cup cupcake pan with liners.
- Prepare the cake mix according to directions. Pour into the cupcake pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out cleanly.
- Let cool.
- Add store bought frosting into a bowl. Add green food coloring and mix until desired color of green.
- Pipe the green frosting onto the cupcakes and then set aside.
- Spray the sugar cones with the color mist. Set aside and let dry.
- Once the sugar cones (witch hats) are dry, pipe the purple icing at the base like a ribbon. Use the orange icing to draw buckle on in the center of the ribbon.
- Set the sugar cone on top of the green frosting.