These from scratch cookies are perfect for red velvet cake lovers when you don’t want to make an entire cake.
You get the same chocolate flavor, and the rich, red color in these red velvet chocolate chip cookies.
They recipe is similar to a chocolate chip cookie with slight variations like adding cocoa powder and red food coloring.
Give it a try.
- ¾ cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp red food coloring
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl or stand mixer cream your butter, both sugars and egg until incorporated.
- Add in the flour, cocoa powder and baking soda, and salt.
- Add red food coloring and vanilla. Mix until well incorporated.
- Turn mixer off and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon onto pan and bake 10-14 minutes or until edges get light brown and slightly firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet.
- Store in airtight container.